Wondering what’s happening in the Vienna real estate market? Here are the stats!
- 80 homes went under contract in Vienna in March. This is up 5% over April 2015.
- Almost the exact same number of homes came on the market this April (189) as did last April (187).
- Homes sold more slowly this April than they did last year – in an average of 76 days as compared to 53 days in April 2015.
- The interesting number is that more than half (53%) of the homes that sold in April in Vienna went under contract in 10 days or less! (Note: The homes that sold in April probably went under contract in & March).
- And the trend continued, with 52% of the homes that went under contract in April doing so in 10 days or less!
- We currently have a 3.4 month supply of homes in Vienna. Overall, that puts us in a Balanced Market – with no advantage to either Buyers or Sellers. However, in any given price range, the numbers make skew very differently – making some price ranges a Seller’s Market and some a Buyer’s Market.
BUYERS – Despite it being a Balanced Market, you need to prepare to move FAST so that when your dream home comes on the market – you can pounce. With more than half of the homes going under contract in 10 days or less (and the best in 24 hours or less) – it’s simply imperative. Better yet – talk to us about our Priority Notification System and find out about homes BEFORE they come on the market!
SELLERS – 40% of the homes have been on the market more than 2 months, 20% of the homes have been on the market more than 6 months, one as long as almost 5 years! This means you need to price right & prepare properly. And choose a Realtor with a proven track record.
(Call Terry Belt or Kevin Kleifges at 703-242-3975 for our FREE Report “Questions To Ask Your Realtor BEFORE You Sell”. And find out how our listings sell FASTER and for MORE MONEY than the average agent’s listings.)