If you’re looking to buy or sell real estate in Oakton, VA in 2016, you may be wondering how long homes are on the market, whether prices are up or down and whether it’s a Buyer’s Market or Seller’s Market.
First, let’s look at what happened in 2015:
- Average Days on Market: 62 days (almost the same as 2014 and up from 52 days in 2013)
- Average Sold Price: $738,418 (up 5.3% from 2014 and 8.6% from 2013)
- Average Sold Price as % of List Price: 95.6% (down from 96.2% in 2014 and 97.7% in 2013)
- Percent of Homes Sold in 10 Days or Less: 29%
Now, to get an even better sense of what’s happening in the real estate market, go to our web site for up-to-date Oakton VA housing stats on the most recent month as compared to the five year average. This will indicate what the current trends are.
- FREE Instant Online Home Value Estimator
- Search Homes on our State-of-the-Art site
- Search Condos For Sale In Oakton
- Search Townhouses For Sale in Oakton
- Search Homes in Oakton Under $1 Million
- Search Homes in Oakton Over $1 Million
Call The Belt Team at (703) 242-3975 if you would like to buy or sell in Oakton this year.
Buyers – you’ll be interested to know that Belt Team buyers only paid 94.1% of original list price in 2015 – versus the average buyer who paid 95.6%! That’s a savings of $22,500 on a $1.5 million dollar home!
Sellers – you’ll also be happy that our listings on the Oakton Vienna area over the past 10 years have sold FASTER and for MORE MONEY than average!