Vienna & Oakton homebuyers have a lot in common with paper towels, at least they do with Bounty brand paper towels.
Remember the old TV commercials? They called Bounty the “quicker picker upper”!
Well – the way Vienna & Oakton’s housing market is moving, it looks like homebuyers are definitely “quicker picker uppers”. In the past 30 days, homes went under contract at the fastest pace we’ve seen this year.
Statistics show we are almost to the point where for every home listed, a home goes under contract!
(Note: In a “Balanced Market, there is normally about 6 months of housing inventory. Current supply in Vienna and Oakton is 1.1 and 1.3 months respectively!)
- In Vienna in the past 30 days, there were 114 new listings – and 105 homes went under contract.
- In Oakton in the past 30 days, there were 51 new listings – and 45 homes went under contract.
Don’t get left behind in the rush of today’s market. When the river is moving along this fast, whether you are a Buyer or a Seller, you need a good captain to navigate the waters. Many homes are selling before they hit the market. It’s not unusual for us to get a call from a buyer asking about a certain listing, only for us to have to tell them that it’s been under contract for days. And Sellers can also benefit from having top notch negotiators leveraging their possibilities to the hilt.
No matter why you’re moving, The Belt Team can help you make the BEST move. If you’re thinking of buying or selling a home, Contact The Belt Team at (703) 242-3975. We think you deserve the BEST Realtors in Northern Virginia!
Here are the rest of this weeks statistics:
Vienna Real Estate (22180,22181, 22182):
- Number of Contracts: 34
- Average Days on Market for Active Listings: 104 days
- Average Days on Market for Listings That Went Under Contract: 19 days
- Inventory: 113 homes on the market
- Number of Months Supply of Homes (Based on past 90 day contract rate): 1.4 months (lowest in 2013!)
- Number of Months Supply of Homes (Based on past 30 day contract rate): 1.1 (lowest in 2013!)
Last week in Oakton Real Estate (22124):
- Number of Contracts: 8
- Average Days on Market for Active Listings: 89 days
- Average Days on Market for Listings That Went Under Contract: 13 days
- Inventory: 60 homes on the market
- Number of Months Supply of Homes (Based on past 90 day contract rate): 1.8 months (same as the prior 2 weeks)
- Number of Months Supply of Homes (Based on past 30 day contract rate): 1.3 months (same as the past week)
Our mission is “Changing Lives For The Better – One Family At A Time!”