- Are real estate sales up or down in Vienna?
- How long are properties in Vienna taking to sell?
- What was the average sales price for homes in Vienna last year?
- How close to list price will the final sales price be?
As you know, we monitor the market closely on a daily basis and publish statistics weekly. But sometimes it helps to take a step back and get some perspective by comparing things year over year. Below you’ll find statistics for the Vienna real estate market and the answers to these questions. Full ten year charts are included, but here are a few highlights for 2012:
- Average Days on Market: 59 days (same as 2011)
- Average Sales Price: $692,750 (up 2.8% from 2011)
- Number of Homes Sold: 858 (up 12.7% from 2011)
- Sold Price as a Percentage of Original List Price: 96.57% (up from 95.88% in 2011)
(Note: Belt Team resale listings in Vienna sold 13 days faster than average and for .62% more of list price. Using the average price of $692,750 – a Belt Team Seller would have netted $4,295 more and would have saved almost half of a mortgage payment in addition by selling 13 days faster. THIS is an example of why you should ask the Realtors you are considering using for their personal statistics!)
P.S. NOW is a GREAT time to sell. Our open houses last weekend were PACKED! Buyers are out looking and there is not much to see. So if you’re thinking of selling in the Spring, you might want to reconsider and get on the market NOW before the competition heats up! (Call 703-242-3975 to schedule a listing appointment.)
(Statistics provided per MRIS 1/8/12)