As temperatures inch toward record highs this month, so follows inventory in Vienna. Throughout 2012, Vienna has averaged about 187 homes on the market at any given time. Currently, we have 223 Vienna homes for sale.
But don’t be too quick to jump to conclusions. Vienna may be heading back to a “Balanced Market”, but current contract levels keep Vienna in a “Seller’s Market” this week.
Oakton, on the other hand, has dropped under a 3 month housing supply. This drop also pulls Oakton real estate into a “Seller’s Market”. 84 homes are currently for sale in Oakton. Since Oakton’s market is statistically smaller than Vienna’s, you’ll need to stay tuned to see if this is a trend or just a blip on the radar screen as we head into summer.
Last week in Vienna Real Estate (22180,22181, 22182):
- Number of Contracts: 20
- Average Days on Market for Active Listings: 92 days
- Average Days on Market for Listings That Went Under Contract: 31 days
- Inventory: 204 homes on the market
- Number of Months Supply of Homes (Based on past 90 day contract rate): 2.4 months
- Number of Months Supply of Homes (Based on past 30 day contract rate): 2.7 months
Last week in Oakton Real Estate (22124):
- Number of Contracts: 10
- Average Days on Market for Active Listings: 78 days
- Average Days on Market for Listings That Went Under Contract: 57
- Inventory: 84 homes on the market
- Number of Months Supply of Homes (Based on past 90 day contract rate): 2.6 months
- Number of Months Supply of Homes (Based on past 30 day contract rate): 2.5 months
If you’re thinking of buying or selling a home, Contact The Belt Team at (703) 242-3975 for a more in-depth discussion & analysis – because it’s only the neighborhood YOU live in (or you WANT to live in) that matters. We’ll be happy to schedule a consultation and get very detailed about “YOUR Market” so that you can make the decision that is best for YOU!
Request a FREE WRITTEN REPORT of your home’s value, set up FREE LISTING ALERTS so you can find out about new listings daily or ask to join our FREE PRIORITY NOTIFICATION LIST for special buying opportunities that are not in the MLS or on the Internet. In a market like this, don’t you want to know about homes BEFORE they hit the market?